Original URL: http://www.newton.ac.uk/programmes/AGA/agaw01.html
LMS/EPSRC Short Course in conjunction with the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge
Organiser: Professor B.M. Brown
Course held at Gregynog Hall, University of Wales
The course will provide an introduction to the topics listed below
The course lecturers are:
- Professor T. Sunada (Meiji, Japan) - Spectral geometry of discrete Laplacians
- Professors P. Kuchment (Texas A & M, USA) and P. Exner (Prague, Czech Republic) - Quantum graphs and their applications
- Professor A. Teplyaev (Connecticut, USA) - Analysis on fractals
Two guest lectures will be given by:
- Professor U. Smilansky (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel) - Spectral statistics
- Professor A. Valette (institut de mathématiques, Switzerland) - Ramanujan Graphs
The course is intended both as an introduction to the above topics focused on research students in mathematics and the physical sciences, and as a set of introductory lectures to the six month programme “Analysis on Graphs and its Applications'' to be held in 2007 at the Isaac Newton Institute Cambridge. Postdocs and young scientists are welcome to attend.
The registration fee to attend is £100. The accommodation costs for all UK-based research students are covered by EPSRC. Participants must pay their own travel costs. EPSRC-supported students can expect that their registration fees and travel costs will be met by their departments from the EPSRC Doctoral Training Account. Postdocs and non-UK students will be required to pay their own subsistence costs and the registration fee (£420 in total). There may be some funds available to help with the costs of those required to pay the full amount – further information will be available after the deadline for applications.
Gregynog Hall is equipped with internet access and the facilities for laptop connections.
Registration commences at 16:00 on Wed 10th Jan, 2007. Information about Gregynog Hall, together with travel information can be found on the .
Numbers will be limited and those interested are advised to make an early application. The closing date for applications is Friday 11 November 2006. All applicants will be contacted by the London Mathematical Society approximately one week after this deadline; we will not be able to give information about individual applications before then. Please do not send any money until we ask.
|9:00-10:00||T Sunada||T Sunada||P Kuchment
|P Exner||P Exner|
|10:00-11:00||T Sunada||P Kuchment||A Valette||T Sunada||T Sunada|
|11:30-12:30||A Teplyaev||A Teplyaev||A Valette||U Smilansky||Feedback|
|16:30-17:30||Reg.||P Kuchment||A Teplyaev|
- Timetable as a PDF file.
- Slides of the talk Quantum graphs and their applications (as a PDF file) by P Exner.
- Slides of the tutorial on quantum graphs (as a PDF file) by Professor P Kuchment.
- Slides of the discrete geometric analysis (as a PDF file) by Professor T Sunada.
- Slides of the talk, An Introduction To Analysis On Fractals (as a PDF file) by Professor A Teplyaev.
- Abstract of a talk, Ramanujan Graphs (as a PDF file) by A Valette.
|Abdul-Aziz Ahmed Al Humaidi|