The focus of the workshop is on interactions between representation theory and the knot invariants of quantum topology. On the representation theory side, principle objects of interest include categorified quantum groups, their 2-representation theory, and related structures (W-algebras, current algebras, Cherednik algebras, braid groups) which are important in categorical and geometric representation theory. On the topological side, the principle objects of interest are link homologies (Khovanov homology, knot Floer homology, triply-graded link homology) as well as braid groups and mapping class groups.
The workshop will invite speakers who have done work on various topics at the interface of topology and representation theory, including
- 2-representations of categorified quantum groups and categorification at roots of unity;
- constructions of knot homologies from categorical and geometric representation theory;
- representation theoretic structures present within knot homology theories themselves; and
- topological constructions whose representation-theoretic origin is not yet well-understood.
Deadline for applications: 19 March 2017
Please note members of Cambridge University are welcome to turn up and sign in as a non-registered attendee on the day(s) during the workshop and attend the lecture(s). Please note that we cannot provide you with any support including name badge, meals or accommodation.
In addition to visiting the INI, there are multiple ways in which you can participate remotely.
- Registration Package: £227
- Student Registration Package: £177
The Registration Package includes admission to all seminars, lunches and refreshments on the days that lectures take place (Monday - Friday), wine reception and formal dinner, but does not include other meals or accommodation.
Registration and Accommodation
- Accommodation Package: £577
The Accommodation Package includes a registration fee, bed and breakfast accommodation at Churchill College from the evening of Sunday 25 June 2017 to breakfast on Saturday 30 June 2017, together with lunches and refreshments during the days that lectures take place (Monday - Friday). The formal dinner is also included, but no other evening meals.
Formal Dinner Only
- Formal Dinner: £50
Participants on the Accommodation Package or Registration Package, including organisers and speakers, are automatically included in this event. For all remaining participants who would like to attend, the above charge will apply.
Accommodation in single study bedrooms with shared facilities and breakfast are provided at Churchill College.
Lunch will be served at Wolfson Court in the Cafeteria from 12:30 to 13:30 on days that lectures take place.
- Accommodation Package and Registration Package participants should present their badge as payment for their meal
- Those issued with a blue Institute door entrance card can add money onto the card via the Porters' Lodge at Wolfson Court
- Other participants must purchase their meal using their dining card via the Porters' Lodge (forms can be found on the registration desk or at the Porters' Lodge)
Participants are free to make their own arrangements for dinner.
The Formal Dinner will take place on Wednesday 28 June at Trinity College. Participants on the Accommodation Package or Registration Package, including organisers and speakers, are automatically included in this event.