The purpose of this workshop is to gather an international panel of mathematical scientists, economists, regulators and risk professionals to discuss insights from mathematical models and empirical studies on the modelling, measurement and regulation of systemic risk in the financial system, with the aim of fostering interdisciplinary exchanges and collaborations on these important topics. The workshop will focus on the following topics:
- Macro-financial theory: new models and insights
- Cost-benefit analysis of financial regulation
- Macro-prudential regulation
- Regulation of channels of contagion in the financial system
- Financial architecture, structural reform and financial stability
- Endogenous risk and pro-cyclicality of regulation
- Multidisciplinary perspectives on regulation of systemic risk
Deadline for applications: 26th October 2014
- Registration Package: £230
- Student Registration Package: £185
The Registration Package includes admission to all seminars, lunches and refreshments on the days that lectures take place (Monday - Friday), wine reception and formal dinner, but does not include other meals or accommodation.
Registration and Accommodation
- Accommodation Package: £530
The Accommodation Package includes a registration fee, accommodation from the evening of Sunday 14 December 2014 to breakfast on Saturday 20 December 2014, together with lunch and refreshments during the days that lectures take place (Monday - Friday). The formal dinner is included, but no other evening meals.
Formal Dinner Only
- Formal Dinner: £47
Participants on the Accommodation Package or Registration Package, including organisers and speakers, are automatically included in this event. For all remaining participants who would like to attend, such as Visiting Fellows, programme participants or their guests, the above charge will apply.
Accommodation in single study bedrooms with shared facilities and breakfast are provided at Churchill College, within 10 minutes walk from the Institute.
Lunch will be served at Wolfson Court in the Cafeteria from 12:30 to 13:30 on days that lectures take place.
- Accommodation Package and Registration Package participants should present their badge as payment for their meal
- Those issued with a blue Institute door entrance card can add money onto the card via the Porters' Lodge at Wolfson Court
- Other participants must purchase their meal using their dining card via the Porters' Lodge (forms can be found on the registration desk or at the Porters' Lodge)
Participants are free to make their own arrangements for dinner.
The Formal Dinner will take place on Wednesday 17 December at Trinity College, Old Kitchen. Participants on the Accommodation Package or Registration Package, including organisers and speakers, are automatically included in this event.