This Spitalfields Day is organised in connection with Professor Lafforgue's visit to the Newton Institute, as a Distinguished Rothschild Professor. The talks by internationally leading experts are centered around recent developments in the theory of automorphic forms, the Langlands Programme and related areas.
- 10:30 - 11:00
- Welcome and coffee
- 11:00 - 12:00
- John Coates (University of Cambridge) L-functions and arithmetic
- 12:00 - 13:45
- 13:45 - 14:45
- Kevin Buzzard (Imperial College, London) What is an algebraic automorphic form?
- 14:45 - 15:15
- 15:15 - 16:15
- Michael Rapoport (Universität Bonn) Arithmetic cycles on moduli spaces of abelian varieties
- 16:30 - 17:30
- Gerard Laumon (CNRS and Université Paris-Sud) Fundamental Lemma and Hitchin Fibration
- 17:30 – 18:30
- Wine Reception at the Newton Institute
Anyone interested is welcome to attend; talks will be aimed at a general mathematical audience. Please let Tracey Andrew at the Institute know by 8 May 2009 if you intend to come: telephone (01223) 760992; fax: (01223) 330508; e-mail: email@example.com
There are limited funds available to assist research students to attend, please apply by 8 May 2009 to Tracey Andrew by email or post at the Newton Institute, 20 Clarkson Road, Cambridge, CB3 0EH.