Theme of Workshop:
The workshop will be dedicated to diverse aspects of the algebraic theory of difference equations. We expect to represent topics such as:
- the Galois theory of difference and q-difference equations
- isomonodromic deformation problems and Painlevè differenceequations
- integrability of analytic difference equations
- difference algebraic geometry
- dynamics of rational maps
- connections with the model theory of difference fields
In addition to lectures on research developments, we expect to have a few introductory lectures on some of the topics mentioned above.
Speakers will include:
G Casale (Rennes), Z Chatzidakis (Paris), M Gekhtmann (Notre Dame), R Halburd (Univ. College, London), Ch Hardouin (Heidelberg), P Kowalski (Wroclaw), I Laine (Joensuu), SP Novikov (Maryland), M van der Put (Groningen), J-P Ramis (Toulouse), J Sauloy (Toulouse), Th Scanlon (Berkeley), M Singer (North Carolina State), V Sokolov (Landau Inst., Moscow), I Taimanov (Novosibirsk), H Umemura (Chuo), L di Vizio (Paris).