During World Mathematical Year 2000, a sequence of posters designed at the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences were displayed month by month in the trains of the London Underground. This booklet contains reproductions of all twelve posters in a handy pocket-sized format (14 x 9cm) and is available to purchase directly from the Isaac Newton Institute. This booklet illustrates how mathematics is at work in the real world and is sure to stimulate interesting discussions.
How to purchase
Please print out the order form and send with appropriate remittance to:
Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences
20 Clarkson Road
|In person from the Institute||£1.00 per booklet|
|By post UK||£1.00 per booklet plus handling charge||1-10 copies please add .50p per order|
|11-20 copies please add £1.00 per order|
|21-30 copies please add £1.50 per order|
|31+ copies please add £2.00 per order|
|By post EUROPE||£1.00 per booklet plus handling charge of £2.00 per order|
|By post REST OF WORLD||£1.00 per booklet plus handling charge of £3.00 per order|
- All cheques must be in Sterling (GBP) and drawn on a UK bank. We cannot accept payment in any other currency.
- Credit card payments are subject to an additional 2% banking charge. Credit card orders can be submitted by post or fax (+44 1223 330508) using the order form , or alternatively you may telephone on +44 1223 335983.
- Orders will be despatched within 7 working days.
Please address queries to the Information Officer at the address above or by e-mail to library[at]newton.ac[dot]uk
- Overall Design Copyright © Andrew D Burbanks 1999, 2000, 2003
- Contributions used with permission.
- Commisioned by the Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge.
- Project supported by Isaac Newton Institute.
- World Mathematical Year 2000 launched by International Mathematical Union, supported by UNESCO.
- WMY2000 logo designed by Marie-Claude Vergne (Institut des Hautes Etudes Scientifiques, France)