at the Institute
Video Conferencing at the Isaac Newton Institute
Equipped to produce high level quality live sound and image broadcasts, the Institute Video Conferencing facilities encourage participants to use the latest voice and video technology to communicate and collaborate with one another.
Typical uses of Video Conferencing include:
- Small to medium sized meetings.
- Distance Learning, Lectures and Tutorials.
- Professional presentations.
- Office web conferences (laptop computer available)
The video conference is located in the Discussion Room which is also used as a meeting room and so its availability may be limited at times. Video conference sessions can be booked through the computing staff who will check the availability of the Discussion RoomSteve Greenham (Audio-Visual Technician)
Telephone: +44 12233 30580
- Equipment available between the hours of 09:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday (unless otherwise agreed).
- All conferences are subject to availability, on a first come, first served basis.
- All ‘Out of Hours’ conferences are subject to staff availability.
- You use the equipment entirely at your own risk.
- LifeSize HD Team mobile video conferencing system.
- Video output - incoming and outgoing - is shown via a 50” Display.
- Tandberg Codian 6 port standard definition MultiPoint Control Unit.
- Document Camera / Visualiser.
The room is able to seat up to 12 delegates comfortably. There is also the facility to accommodate a laptop or PC.