Recent years have witnessed the tremendous growth in privacy research in economics, statistics and computer science. This workshop aims to highlight recent developments in privacy research at the intersection of those fields. It will bring together academics from different horizons: those working on the privacy issues in the handling of economic research data as well as those analysing how privacy affects the incentives and behaviour of economic agents. Privacy research in economics requires novel approaches that go beyond traditional techniques and incorporate ideas from statistics and computer science. The broad objective workshop is to provide an interactive environment to discuss and learn those ideas and approaches.
- Alessandro Acquisti (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Laura Brandimarte (University of Arizona)
- Katrina Ligett (Hebrew University of Jerusalem), CALTECH (California Institute of Technology)
- Mallesh Pai (William Marsh Rice University, Texas)
- Ian Schmutte (University of Georgia)
Deadline for applications: 30 September 2016
Please note members of Cambridge University are welcome to turn up and sign in as a non-registered attendee on the day(s) during the workshop and attend the lecture(s). Please note that we cannot provide you with any support including name badge, meals or accommodation.
In addition to visiting the INI, there are multiple ways in which you can participate remotely.
- Registration Package: £43
- Student Registration Package: £33
The Registration Package includes admission to all seminars, lunches and refreshments on the day that lectures take place and wine reception, but does not include other meals or accommodation.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer any accommodation and therefore ask that all successful applicants find their own. Please see the Hotels Combined website for a list of local hotels and guesthouses.
Lunch will be served at Wolfson Court in the Cafeteria from 12:30 to 13:30 on days that lectures take place.
- Registration Package participants should present their badge as payment for their meal
- Those issued with a blue Institute door entrance card can add money onto the card via the Porters' Lodge at Wolfson Court
- Other participants must purchase their meal using their dining card via the Porters' Lodge (forms can be found on the registration desk or at the Porters' Lodge)
Participants are free to make their own arrangements for dinner.