This workshop focuses on numerical methods and mathematical analysis for non-spatial stochastic dynamical models that arise in molecular biology. New experimental techniques at a molecular level boosted the interest for such models in recent years, for example for gene regulatory networks, biochemical signaling and transduction cascades, molecular motors, and morphogenesis. The workshop brings together computational, mathematical, and experimental scientists, with attention falling on both current research and promising avenues for future research. It reports on the exciting synergistic interplay between advanced experimental, computational, and mathematical techniques that together provide a deeper understanding of the biological system.
- John Albeck (UC Davis)
- Rosalind Allen (Edinburgh)
- Kevin Burrage (Oxford and Queensland University of Technology)
- Yang Cao (Virginia Tech)
- Simon Cotter (Manchester)
- Eric Deeds (Kansas)
- Andrew Duncan (Imperial College London)
- Omer Dushek (Oxford)
- James Faeder (Pittsburgh)
- Ramon Grima (Edinburgh)
- Ankit Gupta (ETH )
- Xingye Kan (University of Minnesota)
- Markos Katsoulakis (University of Massachusetts)
- Yiannis Kaznessis (University of Minnesota)
- Mustafa Khammash (ETH )
- Allon Klein (Harvard)
- Thomas Kurtz (University of Wisconsin)
- Carlos Lopez (Vanderbilt)
- Carmen Molina-Paris (University of Leeds)
- Jay Newby (Utah or UNC)
- Christian Ray (Kansas)
- Vahid Shahrezaei (Imperial College London)
- Erkki Somersal (Case Western Reserve)
- Vikram Sunkara (Free U. Berlin)
- Raul Tempone (KAUST)
- Pieter Rein ten Wolde (FOM Institute/Amsterdam)
- Thomas Vejchodsky (Institute of Mathematics at the Czech Academy of Sciences)
- Darren Wilkinson (Newcastle)
Deadline for applications: 12th February 2016
Please note members of Cambridge University are welcome to turn up and sign in as a non-registered attendee on the day(s) during the workshop and attend the lecture(s). Please note that we cannot provide you with any support including name badge, meals or accommodation.
In addition to visiting the INI, there are multiple ways in which you can participate remotely.
- Registration Package: £239
- Student Registration Package: £189
The Registration Package includes admission to all seminars, lunches and refreshments on the days that lectures take place (Monday - Friday), wine reception and formal dinner, but does not include other meals or accommodation.
Registration and Accommodation
- Accommodation Package: £643
The Accommodation Package includes a registration fee, bed and breakfast accommodation at Robinson College from the evening of Sunday 3rd April 2016 to breakfast on Saturday 9th April 2016, together with lunches and refreshments during the days that lectures take place (Monday - Friday). The formal dinner is also included, but no other evening meals.
Formal Dinner Only
- Formal Dinner: £50
Participants on the Accommodation Package or Registration Package, including organisers and speakers, are automatically included in this event. For all remaining participants who would like to attend, such as Visiting Fellows, programme participants or their guests, the above charge will apply.
Accommodation in single study bedrooms with shared facilities, breakfast and lunches are provided at Robinson College.
Lunch will be served at Wolfson Court in the Cafeteria from 12:30 to 13:30 on days that lectures take place.
- Accommodation Package and Registration Package participants should present their badge as payment for their meal
- Those issued with a blue Institute door entrance card can add money onto the card via the Porters' Lodge at Wolfson Court
- Other participants must purchase their meal using their dining card via the Porters' Lodge (forms can be found on the registration desk or at the Porters' Lodge)
Participants are free to make their own arrangements for dinner.
The Formal Dinner will take place on Thursday 7th April at Christ's College. Participants on the Accommodation Package or Registration Package, including organisers and speakers, are automatically included in this event.